Thursday, November 3, 2011

Offline AIR Sync with ColdFusion Difficulty

Well, I have tried my hand at this for some time, but can't seem to get it to work, AND I really have no idea why not, nor how to fix it. This is one of those problems that is too big for Twitter :)

Anyways, I have a mobile AIR app that I have built (and it works great!), however I need the data to be synced back to the server and then accessible to other mobile devices. I have CF9 set up, with ORM, I've tried to keep it simple, and have all the data stored in a single table. Below is the CFC for the data...


And here is the object from ActionScript...




Now anytime I try to update the object on the server, I just get an error. Doing some logging and tracing, it seems that two of the data items in the struct sent to the server do not have a value, just a '?'. Um, the data is fine on the device, but not when it sends it to the server. So WTF?

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me? This has been bugging me for a couple of days (its a side project so I had to find time to post about it). If you need any further data or code, please just post for it in the comments. Thanks in Advance for any assistance!

No comments:

Post a Comment