Tuesday, November 1, 2011

ColdFusion 9 and Exchange 2010

So during the set-up of the network that I have had to build, I've run into a few snares with the server and getting the system (that was provided to me). The biggest one that was problematic, was the OWA access for my Exchange server stopped working. At first I thought it was something with the SSL certificate that I had created for the mail server and I went through a LOT of work to fix the Exchange server. Once the server was running and OWA was operating properly (yeah, uninstall Exchange and mess around with IIS) I was quite happy.

I then wanted to add ColdFusion 9.01 to the server (again) before adding the large custom 'program' to the server that has to be installed to the default website (same as OWA) and creates a crazy number of virtual directories and whatnot to the IIS server. So I installed CF9 in advance... with the default settings, and applied it to all IIS websites. Then I went to access OWA and, um it didn't work. I finally figured out that adding ALL websites to CF9 caused the issue (yeah there was a LOT of Googling, but not much was out there, and I can't seem to find the post that helped me to find the problem... )

Anyways, I uninstalled CF9 and OWA worked no problem, so then I re-installed CF9 and assigned it to a couple of sites that I created but have yet to populate... and well it worked. It seems that CF9 adds a default mapping for its requests, and that interferes with the pre-existing default mapping for OWA.

So, for my own reference and if anyone else experiences this, you cannot have CF9 working on the same website that has OWA running on it. You can apply CF9 to other sites on IIS, just not the one running OWA. Hope that this helps someone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment