Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flex Builder Debugging

So, I am a sorta newb a Flex. I have been working in it on and off now for about a year. Most of the stuff I had worked on was pretty basic and I got by with using Alert.show to tell me what was going on, being 'ignorant' of debugging mode - Ignorant meaning, I knew it was there, and that I could use it, but I never did.

Well, now I have a bigger, little project on the go, and after seeing Jeffry Houser do a quick little Flextras Friday on the debugging mode, I thought I should go for it. I added a couple of watch statements and a trace() or two, and, WOW what a difference in debugging. Yeah, I know I should have learned about it way earlier, but hey, better late than never!

So, although this is a short one, I will say to all new/less experienced/ignorant (see above) Flex Developers. Time to take a look at what is built in to Flex Builder. My next step? To check out Debugging in Flash Builder 4! In the coming weeks/months I will be doing a LOT of Flex 4 work, so I better get better at using the debugging!

No comments:

Post a Comment