Thursday, September 10, 2009

PDF Printing Follow-Up

So, I haven't had a chance to test this with CF9 yet to see if the problem still exists, or even if anyone but me thinks it is a problem, but I have at least worked through a process to not try and flatten a PDF that doesn't have any form fields.

So:


Pretty straight forward after all, but I am still going to look into the PDF functions with CF9 to see if they handle any of this stuff better. the errors thrown by are obtuse, and not really helpful. I would think that it would be able to continue processing if there were no fields to flatten, or it would be able to handle a PDF with no form fields a little differently (the error message is actually missing a space).

Anyways if anyone has been experiencing issues with PDFs with form fields and printing with CF8, I hope that this post and my last one will be helpful for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment